This is a pretty important update and I will change the FAQ accordingly.
I’ve received some great submissions! Thanks to everyone who has been sending stuff in. I’m reading and editing as quickly as I can and I promise to try to get to everyone in a timely manner.
Right now, I can safely say that I am good on Heroic Fantasy submissions. I still need another good Planetary Romance or two. If you send me something that is Heroic Fantasy, I will read it and I will consider it, but your best bet on getting bought right now is submitting a story about pirates on Saturn or Venusian gunslingers.
I won’t be buying reprints at this time; in the future, I may consider it, but for the time being, I’m getting enough original submissions that they will be taking priority.
I’ll be looking at acquiring 3 or 4 more stories. I’d love to get more, but I want to keep cost on the first issue low enough that I can keep the price for print issues down.
So, here’s the plan:
- Acquire those last couple stories.
- Look into getting some illustrations; I don’t know that I’ll have money to commission illustrations for every story, but I’d like to have at least a couple.
- Tweak some layout stuff and figure out what I have in terms of adspace.
- Make the cover.
- Fill some adspace locally
- Kickstart for pre-orders and to fill more adspace.
- Make the darn thing and send it out to folks!