My friend is trying to put a name to his game.
It’s more difficult to come up with an alliterative pairing that captures the feel and nuance of a system than one would think.
It needs to capture –
- an urban feel
- really gross and gritty “why is everything covered in wet coffee grounds?” perpetual low-level adventuring
- job-based class system, focusing on a mix of martial and non-martial urban professions, largely in the lower class of society
- very low magic, but what magic there is is absolutely terrifying
- almost complete absence of vanilla fantasy stock monsters in favor of mutated horrors
- A vaguely Dickensian feel, what with all the chimney sweeps and rat-catchers.
Here are a few posts about the game and system: