This took a crazy amount of effort, but here are five short reviews from a pulp-friendly critical frame. The stories here are ranked in order of how awesome they are:
- War of the Ruby by Brian K. Lowe (review here)
- The Thorne Legacy by J. D. Brink (review here)
- The Dragon’s Teeth by David Hallquist (review here)
- The Dreaming Wounds by Anya Ow (review here)
- Empty Vessels by David O’Donoghue (review here)
If you have any suggestions for more stories I should take a look at, please let me know.