Misha Burnett’s Small Worlds is live now on Kickstarter!
Ours is a culture that adores the elephantine, the cyclopean, the Brobdingnagian. Bigger is better, we are told, and the biggest is the best. People love big stories, with a cast of thousands, and Vista-vision widescreen special effects. Heroes must be larger than life, and devils blacker than they are painted, and entire worlds must be set aflame to create an ever-growing hunger for spectacle.
Oh, says I, that’s interesting. But that’s not what I do.
I write short stories, about little people in small worlds. That’s what you’ll find in this collection. In a couple of cases, they are literally small worlds, flyspeck heavenly bodies far out in space. In others the constraints are more metaphysical, worlds bounded by the vision of their inhabitants, an event horizon close enough to almost touch.
But one mustn’t suppose that the Lilliputian character of these stories means that nothing of significance happens in them.
Small worlds need saving, too. – Misha Burnett
Cirsova Publishing is proud to present Small Worlds, a brand new anthology of fiction [much of it previously unpublished], from short fiction master Misha Burnett.
Small Worlds has all of the hallmarks of Misha Burnett’s fusion of SFF with classic weird, inviting the reader into the uncanny realms where the mundane has been pervaded by the strange, but also brings to the table his unique brand of white-knuckle thrilling adventure sometimes seen in the pages of Cirsova Magazine.
This collection features “Better Off Dead,” an all-new novelette-length Erik Rugar fantasy-noir thriller, “This Green and Pleasant Sky,” a novella about farming… on an asteroid populated by women prisoners, “My Grandfather’s Grandfather Balled Goddesses,” a Sword & Sorcery adventure set in the world of Cha’alt, and much much more!
- Josef: A Fable – What happens when Society has officially decided that you’re just not good enough?
- Better Off Dead – In an all new Erik Rugar adventure, Dracoheim’s premier agent investigates a potential undead uprising that coincides with the return of a legendary serial killer!
- 284 Miles to Empty – A mysterious phone call from out of time brings two strangers together!
- Johnny and the Nightmare Machine – Johnny discovers that farming gold in an abandoned MMO somehow pays out real cash! But where is the money coming from, and what is the catch?
- They Delved Too Deep – Construction workers in an underground parking garage accidentally break into forgotten catacombs!
- The Irregular – The last survivors of human kind wage guerilla war against the aliens who have occupied earth!
- This Green and Pleasant Sky – Todd Allard is given a debtor’s sentence to an asteroid penal farm, only to find that it has already been run into the ground by the women prisoners who have made it their playground! Can he turn things around before they’re all liquidated?!
- Fragile – A technician with brittle bone disease on a remote space outpost must face off against a deadly femme fatale!
- The Fall of a Storm King – Luther lives his life overclocked so he can pilot around the rings of Saturn until an accident forces him to find new work!
- My Grandfather’s Grandfather Balled Goddesses – An unlikely duo must join forces to survive the wastelands of Cha’alt!
$3 – Small Worlds eBook
Receive digital copies of Misha Burnett’s Small Worlds.
$20 – Small Worlds Pocket Paperback
Receive a pocket paperback copy of Misha Burnett’s Small Worlds + ebook.
$20 – Small Worlds Trade Paperback
Receive a paperback copy of Misha Burnett’s Small Worlds + ebook.
$40 – Small Worlds Hardcover
Receive a linen-wrapped hardcover copy of Misha Burnett’s Small Worlds + ebook.
$70 – All Formats
Receive all physical formats of Small Worlds + eBook.
$10 – Digital Add-on Pack
eBooks of An Atlas of Bad Roads, Endless Summer, and Bad Dreams and Broken Hearts
$10 – Signed Bookplate
Bookplate signed by Misha Burnett
$10 – Audiobook of An Atlas of Bad Roads
Audiobook of Misha Burnett’s An Atlas of Bad Roads, read by Brandon Cassinelli! Be one of the first to get this DRM-free audiobook edition BEFORE it’s available anywhere else!
$10 – Audiobook of Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer
Audiobook of Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer, read by Brandon Cassinelli.
$10 – An Atlas of Bad Roads Trade Paperback
Add on a physical copy of An Atlas of Bad Roads. [US-only]
$10 – Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer Trade Paperback
Add on a physical copy of Misha Burnett’s Endless Summer. [US-only]
$10 – Bad Dreams and Broken Hearts: The Case Files of Erik Rugar Trade Paperback
Add on a physical copy of Bad Dreams and Broken Dreams. [US-only]
Risks and challenges
The Book is in the can! The biggest challenge is going to be fulfillment. Cirsova Publishing has a 7 year track record of delivering on high quality publications on-time and often early.